25 October 2008

Remembering Saturdays.

Tomorrow is the first weekend in close to 2 months that Leet and I don't have to be somewhere or dedicate our time to something or someone else. I cannot express my excitement.

Saturdays used to be my all time favorite. We would stay in bed together until late morning...okay, fine, early afternoon, and then lounge around in our pajamas (or birthday suits, depending on recent, uh, activities) until almost 5PM, when we would finally shower and head out to Target, TJ Maxx, or Ross, or sometimes (and oftentimes) all three, where we'd look for fun things to decorate our apartment with, buy for gifts for people, or just pretend we could afford all the useless crap in the store. We'd then cap the day off with some fantastic plan for dinner (either something amazing I'd cook, or we'd cook together...or pizza) and a movie or two from Netflix. It was always completely lazy and comfortable, but all kinds of fun at the same time. I could waste every day of my life that way, and be perfectly content.

I've been missing these days a lot lately, and although I still have to work on my thesis, I'm hoping tomorrow will be at least somewhat reminiscent of the Saturdays before everything got crazy. I know things probably will never go back to the way they were before things finally started happening with the kids, and I don't know that I'd want to wish for that anyways, but I hope that we can always find some time, at least once and awhile, to waste the day away together like we did when it was just us.

No comments: