21 September 2008

New beginnings.

Wow...is it ever intimidating to start a new blog from the ground up: new name, new look, new host. I want to say it's refreshing, but I do miss the familiarity of the old digs.

[Or, in related news: Hi...this is my blog.]

When I decided to scrap my old blog in favor of a new one, I wasn't sure where to go, what to do, or what to call myself even. I thought maybe it would just be more of the same, except with a different, more discrete name. Instead, I'm not sharing the new location with anyone I know in real life (except for my love, 1337h4x0r--Leet, for short--because, you know, love and all...he picked the name, don't ask) so that, I dunno, I can really write about things, and not skirt around them. I think this will work, provided I don't become famous, excepting on a very small and altogether enjoyable scale, of course.

I'm hoping that I can take this new blog in the direction I've wanted to go for so very long: talking about love and sex on a candid level, bemoaning life in the academic world, crafting snippety little portraits of my unbelievably surreal friends and family, and all the snark I can stomach, I hope Two Row Boats (TRB) becomes what my other blog was not.

And that's the last you'll hear about blogging before TRB.

Onto the good stuff...

No comments: